Snellmaninkatu 12 (P.O. Box 16)
- to support and carry out research within this field
- to present research results
- to organize seminars and education within this field
- to promote the development of national and international network activities within this field
- to coordinate the Master’s Degree Programme in Ethnic Relations (ERI)
CEREN Research Seminar with
ÖSTEN WAHLBECK: Transnational Social Spaces and the Finnish and Swedish Migration Dynamics
00014 University of Helsinki
Telephone +358 9 191 28 470
The Centre for Research on Ethnic Relations and Nationalism, CEREN, was established in 1998 at the Swedish School of Social Science (SSKH) at the University of Helsinki.
CEREN is the only unit at the University of Helsinki with its work devoted solely to issues concerning migration and ethnic relations. The research at CEREN covers a broad range of issues related to the fields of migration and ethnic relations, including nation building, nationalism and identity, power and participation, media and the public sphere, welfare state issues and the globalization of work, occupations and the labour market. New immigrant groups as well as national minorities have been the target of research at CEREN. A strong focus has also been on comparative Nordic and European research.
CEREN's central tasks